Hangman (2017)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Hangman (2017)

Post by Leisher »

Netflix

Al Pacino is a retired detective. Karl Urban is a detective whose wife was murdered. Brittany Snow is a reporter who happens to be doing a piece on Urban when a serial killer shows up that is playing a game of hangman using bodies as scratch paper for his letters.

Pacino and Urban are fine, but neither will win awards for their acting here. Snow is better, and pretty attractive. The direction was competent aside from one scene, which could honestly be blamed on casting.

After that, shit goes south.

The writing is a mess. It's just not a tight script at all. Who is the killer? It doesn't matter. Not even a little bit. Once the reveal happens it's ridiculously anti-climatic.

And who the fuck is responsible for the background music in movies these days? TURN THAT SHIT DOWN!!!!!! It doesn't add to the film, it's distracting and pulls me out of my immersion.

Meh. There are much better "cops hunt a serial killer" movies, but Urban and Pacino are cool so see it if you're a fan of theirs I guess.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”