Crossing Swords

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Crossing Swords

Post by Leisher »

Hulu

https://youtu.be/EUrOT5RGM_w
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Crossing Swords

Post by Leisher »

I watched a few episodes of this last night.

Seems like it would be at home on Adult Swim, but the episodes are too long and the humor isn't clever enough. We're talking lowest hanging fruit stuff: dick jokes, shit jokes, sex jokes, etc.

The story centers on a guy named Patrick who's a virgin, the least successful of his siblings, the least loved by his parents, and is generally incompetent. He's not a total idiot, shit just doesn't work out for him. Except for when he enters the squire tournament and wins, which gets him a job working for the king.

None of the four or so episodes I've watched have gotten many laughs from me, but the show isn't a total wash. I could see immature teens considering this show the height of comedy. That's not a shot even though it sounds like it. I'm just saying the show definitely could have an audience. I just don't think I just don't think people exposed to years of Family Guy, South Park, Rick and Morty, Adult Swim shows, Archer, and so on are going to find this show compelling. It feels like a large step back from the humor those shows present.

It is a good sign when you're watching a show and think, "Fuck, how long are these episodes?" I'm thinking no.

I'll probably finish the season while gaming, but this isn't one I'm recommending nor will I be anxiously awaiting season 2.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”