It, Chapter Two (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

It, Chapter Two (2019)

Post by Leisher »

As good as the remake of IT (2017) was, this sequel sucked. I have a feeling they knew it too because there's a running joke about one of them being a writer who can't write a good ending.

Very, very slow, plodding, and boring. This is not just my opinion, but also the other three people who watched it with me.

The film mixes up scenes of the original cast and the new cast, which is their older selves. Here, they definitely did some things correctly. The casting was pretty solid with most of the adults resembling their younger counterparts fairly well. The best was Ed, the kid who breaks his arm in part 1. The adult that played him could have been him via time machine. The casting was the strongest part of this film, and it's not even close.

Apologies to King, but the story is an absolute shitshow. Perhaps it was the filmmakers who translated it wrong, but it was a hackneyed mess, imho. (And again I'll point out that maybe he or they knew, which is why they reference "bad endings" so often?)

The more I saw Pennywise towards the end, the more it seemed to ruin the character. And if he has to survive by the rules of the form he's chosen, then why hasn't that applied from day one?

Very well acted and competently made, but this was not a good movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”