Solar Opposites

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Solar Opposites

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Solar Opposites

Post by Leisher »

Never reviewed this one.

Some aliens and their pet crash land on Earth and somehow nobody gives a shit. They live normal lives as any other Earthling. The lead alien wants to go home and works on their ship. His 2nd wants to acclimate the family to Earth and accept life here. He also has a joke per episode in that his shirt changes to something else "funny". The kids go to school, but have a disdain for humans as they seem them as lower forms of life. There might be something special about the "pet", but they don't really get too much into it.

I describe this show as Bob's Burgers combined with Rick and Morty. There's a Sci-Fi theme and zaniness like R&M, but the humor is a Bob's Burgers level of sanitized chuckles.

You'll hear Rick and Morty a lot considering Justin does their voices. You'll also be unable to stop comparing different things from that show to this show. Justin really should have gone a different direction to further separate the shows.

IMHO, the best aspect of this show is "the wall". The kids, if I remember mainly the boy, can make humans miniature, and he does this to anyone that annoys him or maybe just because he likes their shirt color. He then captures them and sticks them into a large enclosure on the wall of his room. Think of one of those guinea pig setups with various living areas connected by tubes, only make it a large section of the wall, and instead of tubes it's just several plastic boxes stack up.

There is an episode late in the season that takes place entirely within this enclosure and shows how the humans within are coping. It's, by far, the darkest and most R&M episode in the season. I thought it was the best episode of the season.

A friend in my golf league also loves R&M, and he loves this show. I'm not as in love with it. It's fine, but your own experience might vary.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”