The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016)

Post by Leisher »

Netflix

A woman's body is found at a murder scene. Several people are dead, but her body stands out because there's no damage and nobody knows who she is or how she got there. Her body is taken to a local morgue (and for some reason, not the others...minor little logic hole), and the sheriff needs to know the cause of death ASAP. The father-son coroners take on the task, but there is a lot more to this corpse than meets the eye.

Character actors Brian Cox and Emile Hirsch carry this film. They truly do a great job of telling the story through their reactions to everything their characters learn and experience. Meanwhile, Olwen Catherine Kelly has the most unique role of all time and she does it well.

I enjoyed this movie. I had some quibbles here and there, particularly towards the very end when something seemed very obvious to me, but never happened. Still, the acting and effects are top notch.

A nice little horror film that's more about tension and telling a story than racking up a body count.

Worth a viewing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”