Avenue 5

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Avenue 5

Post by GORDON »

HBO comedy series.

The Avenue 5 is a luxury space-cruise-ship on its maiden trip around the solar system, when something breaks and now they're all stuck. The physics and realism of their situation.... I don't think they even tried. It's completely retarded.

Dr. House is the captain. There's a guy whose name I forget is the head of the corporation that owns the cruise ships, and he's on-board. Lots of others, all idiots in their own, specials ways.

One of the passengers, named Karen, is a Karen. She always grabs the microphone when someone's making an announcement and demands they tell the real truth.

Gabe from The Office is my fave character, I think. He's hilarious.

But to be honest, Karen is so fucking annoying that I cringe whenever she's on-screen, and I don't know if I can enjoy this show because of it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Avenue 5

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Gabe from The Office is my fave character, I think. He's hilarious.
You mean Jared from Silicon Valley?

I watched the first episode and it seemed alright, was going to give it another shot
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Avenue 5

Post by GORDON »

On episode 8 and I'm still not sure what to make of this fucking show. Not sure if it's light, dark, satire, comedy, dramedy... or what.
GORDON
Site Admin

Avenue 5

Post by GORDON »

I think ep 9 was the last of the season... the description said it was, but it didn't feel like it.

I still don't know what to make of this show. The ship doesn't make sense... there are no engines to fix their course? The physical laws they follow are stupid. ALmost everyone on board, and on mission control on earth, is super incompetent. Most of the characters have little to no redeeming qualities, and most are murderously retarded.

If any HBO series ever didn't get a second season, I could see it being this one.