Uncut Gems (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uncut Gems (2019)

Post by Leisher »

Adam Sandler is a Jewish (it's important to the story) jewelry dealer who plays life two steps ahead of what's actually happening. He treats people like shit, including his own family. Everything is about digging holes and then digging himself out of them. In other words, he's a massive piece of shit.

The whole movie is insanely fast paced as his life is constantly on the verge of crumbling. Things go right, things go wrong, repeat forever.

Everyone in the film is shitty in their own way except the kids and Judd Hirsch.

Sandler is exceptional in his role, and clearly went all in developing the character. All the acting surrounding him is spot on as well. Nobody delivers a weak performance. I even thought the "toughs" were rock solid with their facials. In fact, this movie should win an award for best facials...you know, if Cum Sluts Volume 9 didn't already take the crown. Anyway, even fucking KG was believable!

I can see why this movie generated some Oscar buzz. I think it's really, really well done and would rate it as an experience higher than Once Upon A Time in Hollywood and The Irishman, both nominated for Best Picture. I mean, I'm sitting here with feels about what I just watched. I didn't with those films.

Hell, I'll take it a step further and say Sandler deserved a Best Actor nomination over DiCaprio this year. Not kidding.

Now before you run out and watch the film, be aware of something. If you get anxiety while watching certain shows or movies, do not watch this one. This is not a feel good movie. You are going to feel ways about the characters involved. Furthermore, the pace is maddening. The dialogue and camera shots are coming at you faster than any movie you've seen before. That's because the story is moving that fast too.

It's a really good movie, but heed my warning. Make sure you're in the right frame of mind to watch this film. Prep a comedy to watch afterwards.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”