Ready or Not (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ready or Not (2019)

Post by Leisher »

Samara Weaving just married into an ultra rich family. For her wedding night, instead of consummating the marriage she has to play a game with her new family. What game? Well, that's TBD by her drawing a card from a special box.

Chaos ensues and she's the hider in a deadly game of hide and seek only she doesn't know it's deadly. I won't spoil the "why" for you, but there's a payoff.

This is a dark comedy with tons of gore and some chuckles. They really had to play with reality and allow for stupid choices to stretch this film out. There's even a couple of completely unnecessary scenes that could have been left on the editing room floor in favor of more character development.

There's also a giant plot hole in the way the game is played, but whatever.

I enjoyed it, but this is not something I'll go out of my way to see again.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”