Ma (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ma (2019)

Post by Leisher »

Yay my friend's HBO Now account!

There's probably a thread for this, but the two word title makes searching very tough.

A woman, perfectly played by Octavia Spencer, has a chance encounter with some teens. One thing leads to another and they start partying at her house. However, the woman has ulterior motives that are going to make things end badly.

Lots of people you will recognize. I think the teen female lead is like Anne Hathaway stepped into a time machine.

More of a thriller than a horror film. It's pretty slow to get going and mostly focuses on the kids, but the second half of the movie is all about Octavia and that bitch be cray cray.

I really expected this to suck based on what I've heard, but it wasn't that bad. I honestly wonder if it gets some bad press because people expected a horror when this is actually a thriller?

My biggest problem with the film is I don't think the "trigger" would have caused the reaction we get. I think a shrink would shred Octavia's character.

Still, I'm not upset I saw it although I'll never watch it again.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”