Midnight Movie (2008)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Midnight Movie (2008)

Post by Leisher »

Amazon Prime

Apparently this is something of a cult film. This is "The Final Cut" version.

Some insane dude is obsessed with a movie, but when shown it...well, shit gets bad. It's now many years later and the movie is being screened for only the second time ever (or something) and there is a sparse crowd in attendance. Guess what happens!

Maybe I wasn't expecting much, but this was way better than the 5.1 rating it has on IMDB. Cliche characters, bad dialogue, people acting stupid, and a mystery surrounding the baddie are to be expected in horror, but the overall concept of the killer was interesting and unique. There was definitely story left to be told when this film ended.

I enjoyed it, and I'd like the story to get finished at some point. The concept is good enough that I could see someone in Hollywood latching onto this and making a bigger budget version. The killer's look was pretty bad ass too.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Midnight Movie (2008)

Post by Leisher »

Thought a lot about this movie during the evening, and discussed it with the lunch crew today. I really think it's underrated for an indy horror film.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”