Golden Globes 2020

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by Leisher »

I believe this is the entire opening monologue. It's awesome, particularly the end. Ricky out there scorching the Earth!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by Leisher »

Yahoo writes a story about Gervais' opening.

The important thing to note is the overwhelming percentage of user comments in full agreement with Gervais.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Meanwhile, tech world titan, Tim Cook, looked on stone-faced as Gervais praised Apple TV+’s marquee series The Morning Show as a “superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing made by a company who owns sweatshops in China. You say you’re woke but the companies you work for — Apple, Amazon, Disney — if ISIS started a streaming service, you would call your agent, wouldn’t you?
Brutal, but I mean, nothing's going to change.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by Leisher »

Who is the person in that Tweet?

Watch the whole monologue when you get a chance. The crowd shots are amazing. Gervais is talking to a group of people who only ever talk to yes men and people that worship them. Here's a guy who had them trapped and shit all over them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Who is the person in that Tweet?
No idea, was quoting for the text.
Leisher wrote: Watch the whole monologue when you get a chance. The crowd shots are amazing. Gervais is talking to a group of people who only ever talk to yes men and people that worship them. Here's a guy who had them trapped and shit all over them.
Oh, I did.
Vince

Golden Globes 2020

Post by Vince »

*snort* "marginalized"
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by Leisher »

Is that sarcasm?
Leisher
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Golden Globes 2020

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Is that sarcasm?
I don't think so, but a good chunk of Hollywood reporters' jobs require a high level of fealty to maintain access.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by GORDON »

Sounds like an idiot.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Golden Globes 2020

Post by Vince »

Yeah, I'm not sure he improved the image he portrayed of himself with that clarification.
Leisher
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by Leisher »

I enjoy how he worked sexist and homophobic into it, yet Gervais made no jokes that could be defined as either.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Yeah, I'm not sure he improved the image he portrayed of himself with that clarification.
He also posted this
Leisher
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by Leisher »

Serious question, who is Bob Chipman?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Serious question, who is Bob Chipman?
I don’t know. Some movie reviewer.
GORDON
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by GORDON »

Now I'm dying to know who he thinks is allowed to consider herself a woman. SInce he considers them to not be, and he's gatekeeping.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Golden Globes 2020

Post by Leisher »