Time Trap (2017)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Time Trap (2017)

Post by Leisher »

Netflix

An archaeology professor goes missing in a cave and his students, along with a couple of younger siblings for some reason, head out to find him.

The cave happens to be the home of the fountain of youth and has tons of time traps (slowing time, speeding it up, and so on) to protect the fountain. Hilariously the worst trap is nowhere near the actual fountain or that would have really hurt the story.

I didn't realize going in that this was essentially a kid's movie in the same vein as Goonies, which they mention. It just has older kids (college) as the stars with the youngins along for the ride. Oh, and none of the humor or charm of Goonies.

The cave is a cool concept, as is how time passes and what they witness, but overall I thought it was a bit silly. Too much focus on the kids, and they were the least interesting part of the story.

If I did a scale of 1-10, this would be a 4 for adults and a 6 for kids.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”