Midsommar (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Midsommar (2019)

Post by Leisher »

This is a horror film. Maybe the most beautiful one ever.

A young girl (college kids) deals with an unspeakable tragedy (it's seriously fucked up). Her boyfriend loves her, but is sick of dealing with her drama. One of their friends is doing his thesis on European cultural shit, so they end up heading to Sweden to join a group for their mid summer festival. Turns out this wasn't an awesome idea.

Let me start with the negatives:
-This movie is WAY too long at 2 and a half hours.
-The opening portion of the film was apparently shot by the crew that shot the battle of Winterfell.
-The protagonists act STUPID. We're talking monumentally stupid shit. Although to be fair, there are excuses given for their behavior and their inaction is not without precedent. (I'm going out of my way to not give away spoilers that will become evident to you if you watched the trailer, let alone existed within the movie.)

Now for the positives:
-The acting is excellent.
-The film is gorgeous once they get to Sweden. It's vibrant and colorful.
-The special effects are really good. Ultra realistic good. Expect some gore.

Overall, I was entertained. The scenic views, imagery, and gore are all amazing. It's definitely too long, but I get that they were setting a tone and a scene.

This is a tough one. All of you would enjoy the topic, but is it too long? Too slow? It is very highly rated on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes.

It's, imho, a film worth seeing once.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Midsommar (2019)

Post by GORDON »

Some really annoying post-grads, and one extremely traumatized girl, join their Swedish friend in Sweden for his village's summer solstice festival.

They are so self-absorbed that they don't realize that from the moment they enter the village, they're in a surreal nightmare. In nearly every scene, there's batshit-insane shit happening in the background that they never notice.

It's a horror movie for the shitty college kids, and a faerie tale for the tortured protagonist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vnghdsjmd0
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Midsommar (2019)

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Midsommar (2019)

Post by GORDON »

i searcxhed, and it didnt come up
Leisher
Site Admin

Midsommar (2019)

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: i searcxhed, and it didnt come up
It's because you misspelled it. It's an A at the end, not an E.
GORDON
Site Admin

Midsommar (2019)

Post by GORDON »

You're an a at the end