Iceman (2017)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iceman (2017)

Post by Leisher »

Remember that ancient dude found in ice back in the 80s(?). Some made a movie about a backstory they gave him.

Yeah, yeah, Encino Man came first, but this is a more serious film.

Beautiful locations. Realistic combat and conditions for the time period. Very well acted. Zero dialogue.

Well, there is a little talking, but they warn you up front that it's in an ancient tongue and they're not translating it because you don't need it.

The story is a man lives peacefully in his very small village. One day he goes hunting and his world is shattered. Have you seen The Revenant? The rest of the movie is basically that.

It's amazing to see what people back then did to survive versus what we do now.

I'm still a bit confused as to motive in the story. Maybe one of you will see the movie and explain it to me. We're clearly shown feels in the initial incident, and then once all is revealed... I just don't know why it was necessary. I'm guessing the thing, but if these tribes are isolated, how'd they know?

There's a big message in the final scene about man's constant cycle. I dug that. I also dig that there are a few details I will remember.

Good movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”