Quibi

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Quibi

Post by Leisher »

New streaming service that will offer really, really quick clips/shows.

Because people are so stupid or overworked that we can't sit down and enjoy a 30 or 60 minute show. Seems to me instead of integrating entertainment into that lifestyle, we should be changing the lifestyle.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Quibi

Post by Leisher »

Most Dangerous Game

I've always thought this story would be the perfect vehicle for getting all the various action stars into one film. (Until Stallone made The Expendables.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Quibi

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Quibi

Post by Leisher »

I don't think that's the correct link?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Quibi

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I don't think that's the correct link?
God dammit. Must be one of those sites where the URL changes if you scroll down too far. (Yes, it is)

https://popculture.com/streaming/news/p ... zVfEHdzhaU
Leisher
Site Admin

Quibi

Post by Leisher »

I'm glad Quibi seems to be a monumental failure.

Not just because of shit like the PB remake, but also because it says that as a species we haven't completely de-evolved yet. People can apparently still maintain focus for 20-30 minute episodes of things.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Quibi

Post by TheCatt »

treaming service Quibi is exploring several strategic options including a possible sale, according to people familiar with the situation, as the company founded by Hollywood mogul Jeffrey Katzenberg struggles to sign up subscribers in a competitive online-video marketplace.

Quibi, which launched its short-form, mobile-focused video service in April, is also considering raising more money or going public through a merger with a special purpose acquisition company, or SPAC—essentially a blank-check company that helps fund deals, the people said. Quibi is working with advisers to review its options.
- WSJ
Leisher
Site Admin

Quibi

Post by Leisher »

I really wish Quibi would just go away.
Leisher
Site Admin

Quibi

Post by Leisher »

I'm going to put this here because this thread needs something worth watching...

https://youtu.be/1zjC6c5SJlA

And let's be honest, the next post in this thread is likely to be the announcement of Quibi's sale and/or closure.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Quibi

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I really wish Quibi would just go away.
Wish granted
Leisher
Site Admin

Quibi

Post by Leisher »

It was an interesting idea.

However, the most interesting part is that everyone in Hollywood invested in this thinking it was a surefire winner and it died a quick death. Proving yet again that Hollywood doesn't have a fucking clue about the rest of the U.S.