Dolemite is My Name (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Netflix

Eddie Murphy is Rudy Ray Moore, otherwise known as Dolemite. If you've never heard that name, you're as white as it gets. I never really knew who he was, but picked up tidbits here and there about him.

Rudy is a dreamer and gets to a point in his life where the dream is dead, so he takes it upon himself to make the dream happen whether the world is ready or not.

It's truly a great story about tenacity, friendship, and other good things like that, but it's also hilarious and touching. Rudy is insanely likable and very relatable. Doesn't matter if you're black, white, Asian, male, or female, there's something about him and his story that will hit home with anyone who ever had a dream.

Rudy is also a massive influence to this day, so it's kind of sad more people aren't aware of him.

Murphy is amazing in the role, and I genuinely forgot this was him playing someone else. Charles Robinson can sing!? Keegan-Michael Key in a completely different role. Mike Epps is great. Wesley Snipes is hilarious. And Da'Vine Joy Randolph steals her scenes.

Very good film. See it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Good click, good message, enjoyed it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Also I didn't know Charlie Murphy was dead. Looked it up, died of Leukemia. Shit.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."