Itsy Bitsy (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Itsy Bitsy (2019)

Post by Leisher »

A giant spider (that is actually some spirit entity?) is on the loose murdering cats and old people. For some reason it's unable to kill a 5 year old all alone in an attic. There's some nice physical effects going on, but the spider itself, while it moves well, looks fake.

Hey, there's Tasha Yar!

The real horror with the movie is all the side plot stuff going on. Am I watching a drama or a horror film because I signed up for horror? The mom was in a car accident and her youngest son died. Now she tries drugs and whatnot to kill the pain. It takes up a LOT of the screen time. Not a problem except for the fact that it doesn't matter to the plot of the movie.

And holy shit, at this very moment in the movie the giant spider was in the closet of a room, coming out of the attic. The mom grabs her kids and throws them out the door of the room and then shuts herself in with the spider. Why? So she could throw a map at it. Now they're all just outside the room with the door wide open and the spider just sitting there. The spider just did the "killer sit up".

Also, if you thought, "I'll bet the spider laid eggs everywhere", you are correct.

This movie sucks.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”