The Last Supper (1995)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Last Supper (1995)

Post by Leisher »

If you happen to notice this one anywhere for less than $19.95, let me know. I'd like to watch it. Seems relevant in today's political environment.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The Last Supper (1995)

Post by Vince »

I remember seeing that back in the day.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Last Supper (1995)

Post by TheCatt »

Signs point to yes... never seen it, give me an hour or two
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Last Supper (1995)

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Seems relevant in today's political environment.
Extremely relevant in today's political environment. (It could even be applied to conversations we've had on these forums recently.)

LOTS of faces you'll recognize. From A list celebs (or former A list) to character actors. I'm even 90% sure I spotted Adam Baldwin in a mug shot.

The story is about a group of liberal (their words) grad students who decide to change the world by murdering those they see as evil or on the wrong side of things. They do so by inviting individual people to a dinner. If they can change their mind, they live. If they cannot, they die.

A recurring question in the film, and one we've all heard in real life, is "Would you kill young Adolf Hitler if you had a chance?" The common answer to that question is what gives the liberals here their justification.

The liberals are portrayed as very full of themselves. So smug in their intellectual and moral superiority that they see no wrong in their plan. They also don't see any way it could go wrong. Meanwhile, their victims all have extreme right wing views, and are portrayed as hateful, ignorant, and violent.

Anyway, things clearly don't go to perfection. I mean, every movie has obstacles, right?

I deleted a couple sentences here because I don't want to spoil things. I'll simply say that I think everyone here would enjoy the film. None of us are so far left or right that we'd identify with the extreme characters. Definitely a film with a message, and well done as they hit you with it both not so subtly and with subtlety.

See it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”