Bad Boys For Life

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Boys For Life

Post by Leisher »

Looks meh

https://youtu.be/KhwsKvoiCpQ
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Boys For Life

Post by Leisher »

I was right, it was meh.

A visibly chubby Martin Lawrence is retiring. Will Smith is refusing to accept his age both in his physical limitations and his lifestyle. Martin is trying to get Smith to accept that family is the most important thing. That's when a returning drug family shows up to kill Smith.

This movie is ALL about family. Family, family, and more family. Literally, every plot is family related. Whether it's the villains' family, the heroes' families, the extended family of a team, etc. Family is the theme of the film.

This is very much a passing of the torch movie too. There's a new cop team made up of 3 younger cops and an older, but still younger hot woman that, of course, is Smith's ex. They're the AMMO team or something and I got serious 21 Jump Street vibes from them. Each has a vibrant personality or interesting backstory to get you vested. Oh, and they're almost perfectly diverse, which is really the most important thing. There's the Latino guy, the black girl action hero, the muscular white guy hacker with a backstory about why he doesn't like violence, and their Latino female leader. I really think they missed by not having the leader be Asian.

Reality is WAY out the window. Literally, from the opening credits scene you will see shit that NEVER fucking happens in a police department.

Smith and Lawrence still have decent on screen chemistry, but this movie is honestly an overpopulated mess. There are too many moving pieces, and they're trying to tell too many stories. Thus, none really land.

Oh, and they really tried to setup the franchise going forward with pre and post credit scenes. At least I think the one was post...I don't remember.

Meh.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”