Cold Pursuit (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cold Pursuit (2019)

Post by Leisher »

A remake of this film.

They move it from Northern Europe to Colorado. This time Liam Neeson is the plow driver out for vengeance.

This is almost a shot for shot remake in the first half of the movie. Things vary in the second half, but none of the plot does, only small scenes here and there.

It's enjoyable, and definitely a dark comedy in a way as it shows you that even the background players have lives and motivations. Not sure if I liked the original better than this one. I think both movies had their strengths and weaknesses. Maybe combining both films would make an exceptional one?

Either movie is worth seeing once.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Cold Pursuit (2019)

Post by GORDON »

This is a weird movie.

My kid and I watched it over two nights. The second night I asked him if he wanted to finish "Snowplow Massacre." He said that was a better name.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cold Pursuit (2019)

Post by TheCatt »

This is finally something I would call a dark comedy. The direction was interesting. There were lingering shots where I'm like "Why? Why this shot?" But later you'd get callbacks or references to the shots to understand them better within the film.

Emmy Rossum sure is cute.

Is Laura Dern hot? I can't quite tell. Also, is she a giraffe? That neck...

I'm tempted to see the original. But I'm not sure it's worth it. The reviews are much stronger, despite Leisher's statement that they are basically the same movie.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cold Pursuit (2019)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Is Laura Dern hot?
A question I have also wrestled with from time to time.

Also, I stand by my reviews of both movies.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cold Pursuit (2019)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Also, I stand by my reviews of both movies.
Well, you said see "either" once. So... should I bother with the original?
Leisher
Site Admin

Cold Pursuit (2019)

Post by Leisher »

I think I actually preferred the original. What's his face actually came off as a snow plow driver, where Liam came off as a man with very specific talents who also drove a snow plow.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cold Pursuit (2019)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: where Liam came off as a man with very specific talents who also drove a snow plow.
I mean, you've seen Taken... That being said, yeah, he was way too prepared for stuff.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cold Pursuit (2019)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I mean, you've seen Taken...
You understood that's what I was quoting, right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cold Pursuit (2019)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I mean, you've seen Taken...
You understood that's what I was quoting, right?
Yes., I assumed that was your reference. But, since we've ALL Seen that, we all kinda expect him to do that.

Like I kept expecting them to say he had been in the business with his dad + brother, and not stayed out.