Birds of Prey (2020)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Birds of Prey (2020)

Post by Leisher »

Meh.

https://youtu.be/AP6LZqgnOM0
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Birds of Prey

Post by GORDON »

I hope there are several meek, 110 pound women overpowering 235 pound males who are slabs of muscle.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Birds of Prey

Post by Leisher »

Serious question: How many women have watched these movies, felt empowered, and then got themselves hurt in an altercation with a man?

It would be impossible to track, but it has to have happened once, right?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Birds of Prey

Post by TheCatt »

Apparently it could not compete with the debut of the XFL this weekend...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Birds of Prey

Post by Leisher »

$33M isn't bad.

Although, I have to be honest, while I knew this movie was coming out, I didn't know it was this weekend. I also thought there was a Harley Quinn movie coming out. Turns out Birds of Prey is that movie. I thought Birds of Prey was a new WB series.

See the problem? If an in the know nerd like me is confused about your movie, the casual audience is going to be completely lost.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Birds of Prey

Post by TheCatt »

Well, we subscribe to papers, so they both had reviews for the movie Friday morning, else I would not have known.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Birds of Prey

Post by Leisher »

This movie made $201M worldwide, so it didn't lose money, but it wasn't a huge success either. Ultimately, it was considered a failure. So why did it fail?

The director says audiences are to blame.

Must be nice to live in a world where all of your failures and shortcomings can be blamed on other people.
GORDON
Site Admin

Birds of Prey

Post by GORDON »

Visually speaking, this movie is closer to the tone of Batman and Robin than any DC movie since Batman and Robin.

Not a compliment.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Birds of Prey (2020)

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Visually speaking, this movie is closer to the tone of Batman and Robin than any DC movie since Batman and Robin.

Not a compliment.
Gordon must have really enjoyed this movie because this is high praise for it. :D

It was shockingly bad. Hell, even that is high praise for this absolute abomination of a movie.

This is what happens when you get people unfamiliar with, and who don't seem to even respect the source material, and ask them to make a movie just because they don't have a cock between their legs. The director only has a single other full length feature in her fucking IMDB. This is who you hire?!? The writer had three other movies, and to be fair, one was decent, but she's also been tasked to write The Flash and Batgirl movies, which can't inspire a lot of confidence there considering how much she shit on the source material here.

They took two legit Batman villains and made them characters that would have fit into Jim Carrey's The Mask. One of them is a fucking serial killer, yet here he's a lackey who deals with the other's every whim. Harley Quinn herself couldn't have been less Harley Quinn if they tried. Everyone else is basically a late 80s, early 90s type of cliche movie character.

What was the production budget for this movie? $7? The sets were laughably bad. The costumes complete trash. Huntresses costume didn't even fit her.

And who was the fight choreographer? 4 women (Harley - no powers, an older cop with no powers, a woman with a power she only uses once, and a trained assassin who couldn't act less like a trained assassin) fight off an army of armed muscular thugs. It's legit one of the worst climatic scenes to a movie I've ever seen.

This was a complete shit show from top to bottom. Just a terrible, terrible movie.

WB needs to sell DC to someone with a fucking clue.