Bad Movies You Like

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by TheCatt »

Inspired by the comic below. Move YOU like, below 50% on Rotten Tomatoes (Audience Score + Critics? Or just one? Unclear), and that you saw as an adult after year 2000.

So far I have been unable to think of one. The lowest rated I found so far was 75%.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by TheCatt »

Tokyo Drift might be the closest I can get. 38% + 69%. And it's not that I really enjoyed it, but that it was "Good enough" to watch while riding my bike on a trainer.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by Leisher »

This should be easy for me, but I have quite the library of movies to sift through...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by GORDON »

I choose to ignore the post-2000 requirement, because I was an adult before then.

I choose Dune. I assume it has a low RT score.

(although to be fair [TBF.....], I don't think it was released when I was an adult. Never mind.)
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I choose to ignore the post-2000 requirement, because I was an adult before then.

I choose Dune. I assume it has a low RT score.

(although to be fair [TBF.....], I don't think it was released when I was an adult. Never mind.)
It doesn't qualify for many reasons, but also has a 53/66 score.
Leisher wrote: This should be easy for me, but I have quite the library of movies to sift through...
Part of the problem is that post-2000, I probably mostly watched movies I had checked out on IMDB, so I would avoid them if bad.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by Leisher »

Shooting way before 2000 here, but...

Gotcha

This movie got a lot of bad reviews, but it's fantastic. Anthony Edwards is great and Linda Fiorentino is sexy as fuck in it.

Post 2K would require some research and I don't have that time right now.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Shooting way before 2000 here, but...

Gotcha

This movie got a lot of bad reviews, but it's fantastic. Anthony Edwards is great and Linda Fiorentino is sexy as fuck in it.
a) Never heard of it. It got 53% on audience... so 1/2 point. b) Fiorentino... I remember seeing her in the Last Seduction (?), and I was disappointed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by Leisher »

I was thinking Eurotrip would fit the bill, but the audience score is over 25% higher than the critics.

Really great movie that's stupid fun with one of the greatest theme songs in film history. Yes, that's Matt Damon in that opening scene.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by TheCatt »

Scoot doesn't know!
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by Leisher »

Scotty doesn't know! Scotty doesn't know!

Oh, and Michelle Trachtenberg all grown up and hot as fuck.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by TheCatt »

I was on mobile, stupid autocorrect
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by GORDON »

What score did "Soldier" get? That might be my answer. Brilliant, underrated movie.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by Leisher »

Great pull, but it’s pre-2000.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by GORDON »

Didn't know it was that old. I'd have guessed 2004.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by TheCatt »

Pixels is the closest I've gotten. I kinda liked it. But my expectations going in were exceptionally low.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by Leisher »

Is there a listing on their site by score? That's the only way I could successfully find one to fit the criteria.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Is there a listing on their site by score? That's the only way I could successfully find one to fit the criteria.
Not that I am aware of. But yes, seeing a BUNCH of movies that qualify for the < 50 would make this process easier.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Movies You Like

Post by GORDON »

I don't mind Pixels. I can't see how anyone could take it seriously, and that should affect the viewing experience.
Cakedaddy

Bad Movies You Like

Post by Cakedaddy »

Dumb and Dumberer
thibodeaux

Bad Movies You Like

Post by thibodeaux »

I can't think of any movies I like.