Jay & Silent Bob Reboot (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Jay & Silent Bob Reboot (2019)

Post by Leisher »

NSFW

https://youtu.be/xHvaWulHk5E

Roadshow
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by GORDON »

Sequel or reboot?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sequel or reboot?
Both.

This is a sequel where the main characters are trying to prevent a reboot of the movie they tried to prevent from being made in the first film.

I just hope we get more of this (NSFW language):
https://youtu.be/r2NHTRgH3G0
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by GORDON »

I'm not even sure how to summarize this.

Kind of self-aware, but not really? They mention that they seem to be having the same adventure they had before, but play it straight? It's loaded with their family members? I think almost every character from every Kevin Smith movie appears?

What was striking to me was that Smith wasn't playing Silent Bob, he was playing a caricature of Silent Bob.

Anyway, it's on Plex.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, it's not as good as the original. This was, in Smith's own words, just a big thank you to his fans. Tons of call backs to his old movies and even his podcasts. I think everyone he knows and has worked with is in the movie. Pretty sure he even gets guys behind the camera into the movie. That alone makes the movie work, but it's not as funny or as thought provoking as his earlier films.

It's enjoyable if you know his work, but everyone else can skip it.