I Am Alone (2015)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

I Am Alone (2015)

Post by Leisher »

Hulu

A decent attempt by indy filmmakers to create something different in the zombie genre.

If you're looking for Hollywood production values, this isn't for you. You will be aware you are watching a movie as nobody here is winning an Oscar for acting or for effects. Also, the story is a bit forced in parts. There's a real lack of suspense because the zombies don't come off as threatening. Additionally, you're realize almost immediately that there's a gigantic hole in the story, and it's the same hole many found footage films have.

That being said, I didn't hate the film. I respect what they were trying to pull off. It was ambitious, but efficient.

If you like zombie and/or found footage and can forgive indy film budget and performances, you might enjoy it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”