Observe and Report (2009)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Observe and Report (2009)

Post by Leisher »

Netflix

Somehow I've never seen this movie.

Seth Rogen is a mall cop with delusions of grandeur. Michael Pena is his right hand man. Ray Liotta is a detective. Anna Farris is a blonde whore. Jesse Plemons, Danny McBride, Patton Oswald, and Aziz Ansari also appear.

This is not a well balanced film. Was it a comedy? I laughed. Was it a drama? I genuinely felt bad for people. I guess it's a dramedy about a mall cop who is obviously mentally ill. However, it gets so absurd that there is no way we're viewing anything other than a madman's delusions. I've seen Japanese anime that were grounded more in reality than this movie. It's ludicrous. Either the guy who wrote this was fucking insanely high, this is documented proof of the ignorance of Hollywood, or the writer was just "fuck it" and went all in on the stupid. This is just not reality.

I was entertained, but also bewildered about what I was watching. A ridiculous comedy that will make you sad?

Note: Randy Gambill is an extremely brave man to do an extended nude scene while running with that body and that little doodle.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”