Into the Dark: They Come Knocking (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Into the Dark: They Come Knocking (2019)

Post by Leisher »

Hulu

A family loses mom to cancer. Dad, the teenage girl, and the little girl head out to some remote camping spot to say goodbye at an important site in their life. That's when the black eyed children show up.

The children are apparently from an urban legend started around 1996. I have seen this movie and read the wiki and I still don't have a clue what they're supposed to represent or anything.

This movie is extremely slow. Once the kids show up, it gets more interesting, but the ending is "ugh" inducing.

The worst part of the movie is how characters do things they simply would never do. Here's an example: It's 2 a.m. and your family is asleep in your trailer. Loud knocks on the door. Your daughter sees someone on the roof. You look out and there's creepy kids there with black eyes asking you to come out as they have something to show you. (I don't remember if this is also the night they try to set the trailer on fire...) In the morning, you discover your truck won't start and leave your two children alone so you can travel for hours trying to "find a signal". Don't worry though as you have walkie talkies. Of course you store yours inside your backpack in a zipped up pocket.

The actors tried and the kids are genuinely creepy, but the movie sucks.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”