Murder Mystery (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Murder Mystery (2019)

Post by Leisher »

I keep forgetting to write a review of this because I keep forgetting I saw it.

Adam Sandler is a detective and Jennifer Aniston is his wife. They end up going to Europe on their long postponed honeymoon. Their marriage needs this because Sandler is an underachiever and Aniston still loves him, but is unhappy.

While on the plane Aniston sneaks a peek at the life she wants, ends up meeting Luke Evans, and they get invited to a family event on a yacht rather than the bus tour they were going to go on. (The bus tour is ridiculously over exaggerated.) While enjoying their vacation on a yacht with the ultra rich people start getting murdered. They become suspects and must figure out who did it. Hint: It wasn't the butler.

Why is Jennifer Aniston so forgettable in films? Horrible Bosses being the only exception. She just doesn't have that "it" factor for movies. Sandler is trying to play off of her, but there's zero chemistry. I truly wonder if this would have been more enjoyable with Drew Barrymore instead of Aniston since Drew and Sandler have good chemistry.

Plus, it just wasn't that funny. There are a couple of chuckles, but mostly it's hackneyed stuff. Sandler did not write it. The guy who did also wrote Independence Day: Resurgence...yeah...

Very meh. I know it broke Netflix viewing records, but notice you don't hear anyone talking about it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”