Prospect (2018)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Prospect (2018)

Post by Leisher »

A Sci-Fi Western.

A young girl travels with her father through space. Her dad seems to be a junkie and a scrapper. Turns out he's a digger, which gets explained. Things happen and the girl ends up having to make an alliance with the guy who played The Viper on GoT. Two hours of talking later and a couple of minor things happen, movie over.

The acting is great, but the story is boring. If you believe acting and a bare bones story is all that's needed for a good film, you'll love this one. Such a thing is possible, of course, but imho this wasn't it. Go on IMDB and you'll see rave reviews and scathing reviews. This seems like one of those movies where the pretentious people cling to it because they don't understand it, and in their world, that equals good.

My biggest gripe? The technology. Remember Nortel? Remember how all their products looked like they were made in the 60s or 70s? That's the tech here. I hate that look. It bothered me the whole way through the film.

Great acting, but a boring movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”