Kraftidioten (2014)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Kraftidioten (2014)

Post by Leisher »

Also known as "In Order of Disappearance".

Now remade as "Cold Pursuit" starring Liam Neeson. So if you don't want spoilers for that movie, stop reading.

Stellan Skarsgard drives a plow. That's all we know about him. He seems to have a good life. However, his son dies of an overdose, that was actually a homicide made to look like an overdose and Stellan vows to find who is responsible.

Stellan single-handedly starts making his way through the local drug syndicate without much action. One of them is Thormund or however you spell that redheaded Northerner's name. The main baddie starts becoming aware that someone is hunting his organization and moves to do something about it. This brings the Serbs or Albanians into the mix.

Liam's is tagged as a dark comedy. I guess this one might be too? The tragedy of life and so on? I do know the main baddie is very much a cartoon and they go way overboard with making him psychotic. His final line made me laugh out loud though. For the right reason! It was hilarious.

You're going to need subtitles or dubbing in English, but I liked this movie. I didn't love it, but it was just good and interesting enough to keep me engaged. I like the idea that the protagonist wasn't Rambo, but because they didn't see him coming he could get shit done.

I look forward to the Liam Neeson version to see how it compares. OH! I did notice they changed the main character's last name in the new one, but it appears the joke will be the same...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”