Yet another Ridley Scott Alien prequel...

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Please make it stop.

Here's how you KNOW it's going to suck:
“You get to the point when you say, ‘Okay, it’s dead in the water. I think Alien vs. Predator was a daft idea. And I’m not sure it did very well or not, I don’t know. But it somehow brought down the beast. And I said to them, ‘Listen, you can resurrect this, but we have to go back to scratch and go to a prequel, if you like.’ So we go to Prometheus, which was not bad actually. But you know, there’s no alien in it, except the baby at the end that showed, itself, the possibility. I mean, it had the silhouette of an alien, right? The alien [origin concept] is uniquely attached to Mother Nature. It simply comes off a wood beetle that will lay eggs inside some unsuspecting insect. And in so doing, the form of the egg will become the host for this new creature. That’s hideous. But that was what it was. And you can’t keep repeating that because the joke gets boring. So we’re looking where we’re going to evolve.”
Fuck.

First of all, he actually thinks AvP killed the series. Alien 3 and 4 killed the fuck out of it, not AvP. AvP actually got some interest back, although it sucked.

Secondly, here's a writer/director talking about changing the rules of his universe to keep things fresh. NO! Nature doesn't work like that. If it did the Aliens would have conquered all life long ago. Evolution takes places very, very slowly. Instead of breaking the laws of nature to keep things fresh, how about you not cast Sigourney Weaver? How about you not have an evil corporation as the shadow figure in every film? How about you make one without androids? How about you simply showcase how a creature like the Alien could be spread? Particularly since we've seen a Mother Alien and she's not exactly small or quiet. How did this species evolve? Where did they evolve? How did they get off whatever planet they were on?

For example: In the books the Aliens were discovered and distributed throughout the universe by...Predators. Why? To hunt. That's it. That simple. I'd also accept some natural thing like the aforementioned wood beetle being weaponized by some race of beings and them losing control of it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's still stupid that they had a cogent movie in Prometheus and then they purposely removed expository scenes to make it more ambiguous.

Just so stupid.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."