Eating You Alive (2018)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Eating You Alive (2018)

Post by Leisher »

A "documentary" about how your diet is causing your unhealthy lifestyle. Yes, even if you eat "healthy".

Filled with interesting facts and testimonials, but was clearly propaganda for the WFPB (whole-food plant-based) diet.

Essentially, meat and dairy are what's killing you and giving you heart disease, heart burn, diabetes, migraines, erectile dysfunction, etc. How do they prove this? Via testimonials from people who live the WFPB diet. Every doctor interviewed are apparently lecturers for WFPB life (a review on IMDB states this as fact), while other doctors who witnessed their patients' miracle cures of cancer, diabetes, etc. are not interviewed.

How do we know the people were cured? They're here to tell us! No actual evidence is ever shown, just opinion.

It's funny because the opening of the movie actually discusses how nobody knows what's healthy anymore because every source presents their own "facts" about what we should be eating. This movie continues the trend, and does so with a lot of scare tactics. For bonus points, they also tie in climate change.

Fun fact: The entire crew making this film switched to WFPB lifestyles in 2014.

Skip it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Eating You Alive (2018)

Post by TheCatt »

I'm going to guess that it's a better diet than what 80% of Americans / people eat, but hell if I'm giving up animals*.
It's not me, it's someone else.