The Front Runner (2018)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Front Runner (2018)

Post by Leisher »

The story of how Gary Hart's failed presidential bid changed the MSM, politics, the course of the country, and possibly (if you believe the hyperbole) the world.

You know the real story, and this is a deep dive about the stuff you didn't hear. The repercussions, but examined as they were happening. Many people, from both sides of the aisle, believe this was the turning point for politics and how news is reported, and I'm not sure they're wrong.

I was shocked by Hart's stance on things (I wasn't old enough to vote, so I didn't follow the election that closely back then) and how he would NOT fit the Democratic party today, which I believe he may agree with. He was sort of a revolutionary in his ideas for the country, yet ridiculously old fashioned when it came to "how things worked". The guy lived in two worlds. He was stuck in the past, yet well ahead of everyone else. Democrat, yet Republican. (I did take some things with a grain of salt as Hollywood does tend to play with the truth, but Hart seemed like someone I could have voted for...if his positions here were presented accurately.)

It's more an interesting story about a moment in our history than good movie. I was entertained and it piqued my curiosity enough to make me his Google afterwards.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”