Avengers: Endgame. SPOILERS

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: didn't notice any of that.
Howard the Duck was barely there in the minions of people, I saw a screencap today.

Community - Ben Chang was a security guard at the storage facility. And, Shirley was the SHIELD security guard who reported Cap for acting weird. The Russos directed several episodes of Community back in the day.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Ben Chang was a security guard at the storage facility.
I did notice that in the second screening. I thought you were talking about in the final battle. Figured they had Donald Glover and the other guy out there.

Didn't realize that was Shirley, but knew she was familiar.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Needs $200M to knock Avatar off the top of the mountain.

Avatar being the biggest movie of all time remains one of humanity's biggest embarrassments.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Needs $200M to knock Avatar off the top of the mountain.

Avatar being the biggest movie of all time remains one of humanity's biggest embarrassments.
Still haven't seen it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Needs $200M to knock Avatar off the top of the mountain.

Still haven't seen it.
I've never been prouder of you.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Ha! Could you imagine a world where a movie makes $1.5B opening weekend and then they never make more?
Titanic didn't shit their bed. Probably the only one I can think of. Think of all the great sagas that have been ruined with too many trips back to the well.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Hopefully with all the male heroes removed
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
It's what America wants!
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
It's what America wants!
Or revealed to be trans.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Of color, or go home.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

$27M away from breaking Avatar's global record.

Seems like if Marvel really wanted to, they could rally their fans to a one day event to "beat the record", but I doubt Disney gives a shit since they own both.

Seems like all they really need to do is re-release it in China for another week.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Post by Vince »

Watched this with the wife. Kind of torn. It was a massive undertaking to bring all these hero stories together in one telling. They executed that part fairly well. This story was a hot mess, though. Captain Marvel is a complete God-mode Sue Mary Sue. Also a Deus Ex Machina. As the wife and I went to bed, we were talking about that character. Wife admitted she didn't even know what her powers are even from watching. It was my same problem with Wonder Woman at the end of her movie.

Also, it felt a little sloppy with their time travel rules. That's always bothered me in time travel movies. To be honest, I kind of hate them. In this movie the time travel itself was a Deus Ex Machina.

Captain America now went through life allowing Kennedy to die and various other things that are not in Captain America's nature to ignore. The ending for him felt good, but it sort of deconstructed him.

Tony Stark... heroic end for him. Ultimately, I didn't feel much. I realized when he died that over the course of his character's development through all the movies, I liked him less and less.

Thor's destiny... feels kind of "not really going anywhere". I liked the last Thor movie a lot. It was really funny. But now I'm wondering if they really had a plan for where the character was going when they did it. I just didn't feel like "I can't wait to see what happens next" for his character.

Black Widow's sacrifice. I really wanted to feel more. They under served themselves by not making a Hawkeye/Black Widow movie before they killed her off. I really wanted to feel more when she allowed herself to be the sacrifice. Renner's acting was superb. Obviously their friendship meant a lot to him. I wished they'd shown me enough that it'd meant a lot to me as well.

Still an impressive feat to have brought all these threads together and make a coherent movie. Just that the movie story itself was kind of "meh" for me.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Captain America now went through life allowing Kennedy to die and various other things that are not in Captain America's nature to ignore. The ending for him felt good, but it sort of deconstructed him.
Have your read 11/22/63?
Vince wrote: Black Widow's sacrifice. I really wanted to feel more. They under served themselves by not making a Hawkeye/Black Widow movie before they killed her off. I really wanted to feel more when she allowed herself to be the sacrifice.
Agree.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I don't Stephen King ;-)
Vince

Post by Vince »

Oh yeah, the "Girl Power" scene was so obvious it was cringe-worthy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: They under served themselves by not making a Hawkeye/Black Widow movie before they killed her off.
It's being made now.
Vince wrote: Captain America now went through life allowing Kennedy to die and various other things that are not in Captain America's nature to ignore. The ending for him felt good, but it sort of deconstructed him.
Did he? They don't really say, so who knows? Cap isn't stupid, and he just survived half the universe being wiped out, so why would he risk changing anything that could change that 1 in however many millions of chances Strange saw? The smart play, if staying in the past, would be to stay out of the way.
Vince wrote: Watched this with the wife. Kind of torn. It was a massive undertaking to bring all these hero stories together in one telling. They executed that part fairly well. This story was a hot mess, though. Captain Marvel is a complete God-mode Sue Mary Sue. Also a Deus Ex Machina. As the wife and I went to bed, we were talking about that character. Wife admitted she didn't even know what her powers are even from watching. It was my same problem with Wonder Woman at the end of her movie.
It's why you didn't see much of her. They haven't established her weaknesses yet (very un-Marvel-like), but she has them. Her energy is not limitless.
Vince wrote: Oh yeah, the "Girl Power" scene was so obvious it was cringe-worthy.
Horrifically cringe-worthy. No subtlety to it at all. The moment from Infinity War was miles better where Black Widow and Okoye show up to help the Scarlet Witch.