Blindspotting (2018)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Blindspotting (2018)

Post by Leisher »

Daveed Diggs (Collin) and Rafael Casal (Miles) are best friends who grew up in Oakland. Collin is just getting out of jail and gets a year of probation. It's now three days to go and both men face realities of their situations, their city, and their skin color.

This is a really solid movie. Both men are extremely likable, which makes it very easy to immerse yourself in the story.

The racial stuff is not "whitey is evil" either, which was nice. In fact, racism and acceptance are shown both ways. Police brutality also makes an appearance and plays a big role in Collin's story (not how you think though).

It's funny, has good music, great performances, and you'll genuinely be rooting for the protagonists.

See it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blindspotting (2018)

Post by TheCatt »

Somehow I thought I was clicking on a review of the updated Trainspotting....
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Blindspotting (2018)

Post by Leisher »

Did you see the mob guy from Trainspotting 2 was shot to death this week?

Back to the topic at hand, see Blindspotting. It's a good film.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blindspotting (2018)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Did you see the mob guy from Trainspotting 2 was shot to death this week?

Back to the topic at hand, see Blindspotting. It's a good film.
I kinda did, but we were on vacation so I didn't do much news reading. Haven't seen TS2
It's not me, it's someone else.