Into the Dark: I'm Just F*cking With You (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hulu

April Fool's Day is this month's theme, but rather than focus on the holiday it's just a movie about people being dicks to one another.

Larry is heading to the wedding of his dream girl and he's not happy. He's also a bitter little bitch who has an anonymous online persona where he airs his anger. He heads to the Pink Motel where he's meeting his sister.

Once there, the clerk starts giving him shit and Larry doesn't like it. He really doesn't like it as the clerk acts worse and worse as the night progresses.

This is an interesting film. It starts off really slowly and is a tough watch because Larry is the main character and soooooooo unlikable. It picks up right around when you're thinking, "No way would anyone stay for this shit."

If you've ever seen a horror film you'll know what's going on, but to the filmmakers' credit, they'll make you doubt it. By the end it jumps off the rails and gets bad, but the ride is fun. Mainly because of the clerk. He makes the movie.

Lots of little details here and there that don't add up, and a goofy ending, but I was entertained. It's not a great movie, but is definitely one of the more enjoyable in this series.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Larry is heading to the wedding of his dream girl and he's not happy. He's also a bitter little bitch who has an anonymous online persona where he airs his anger.
Malcolm?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Holy shit, you just made the movie even better for me.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”