Mine (2016)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mine (2016)

Post by Leisher »

Netflix

The guy who is constantly rumored to be Batman is a U.S. sniper that fails on a mission to kill a known terrorist. Why does he fail? Because Hollywood is full of people who don't live in reality. After the mission fails, he and his spotter are attempting to flee (because the military had no plans to get them out...) and end up in a mine field. His spotter acts in the most unprofessional ways possible and now Hammer stands alone atop a mine with little contact to the outside world. What's real? What isn't?

This movie is both interesting and a fucking mess. The setup is about as far from reality as it gets. It's so ridiculous that it borders on comedy.

Once he's stuck the movie turns into a dramatic film about his predicament and his life back home. He's cut off from help, in the middle of the desert, has no water (because the military doesn't plan for such things...), etc. He begins hallucinating or doesn't, but does, but maybe not...Who knows? Who cares?

Oh, and that ending. Holy shit balls it's hilarious and complete bullshit.

Competently made, but terrible writing. Hire a single vet as a consultant and you don't end up with laughable trash in your script. just sayin'...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”