Masterminds (2016)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Masterminds (2016)

Post by Leisher »

Yay Netflix!

Comedy based on a real life heist.

Zach Galifianakis, Kristen Wiig, Owen Wilson and a lot of other familiar faces.

Very meh. A couple of slight chuckles, but mostly dumb. I understand the people in the real heist were all morons, but they make them movie dumb. Not Dumb and Dumber levels, but damn close.

It's weird, my enjoyment of the movie actually immediately went up at the end when they revealed it was based on a true story. I'm honestly now curious about the actual heist and would like to see a factual movie about it.

I wouldn't recommend a viewing of this one. It has some charm, but there's a reason it went so far under the radar.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Masterminds

Post by GORDON »

Zach Galifianakis has let his politics make him less funny, unfortunately.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Mastermind

Post by GORDON »

Netflix

Zach Zalikianfas plays a southern armored car guy who sort of pulls off the biggest money heist in US history. Three of the four lady ghostbusters are in this.

The writers heard "southern" and decided to make these people as stupid as they could.

Not funny at all. I'm sort of sad, all the way through.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Mastermind

Post by Leisher »

You should try searching for the actual title of the movie... :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”