The Spy Who Dumped Me (2018)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Spy Who Dumped Me

Post by GORDON »

Mila Kunis and the funniest Lady Ghostbuster (I think it was her) play BFFs who, because Mila was dating a spy, end up getting caught in a major espionage thing, with a thumb drive with very valuable data on it. Typical stuff.

Not SUPER funny, but it was ok. I think I had two chuckles. They really go overboard with the anti-tropes, "we're girls so here's how we are compared to men." It was sort of glaring, at times.

At one point, I thought, "Oh, this is the girl-Spies Like Us." Kinda/sorta.

Not great. Not horrible. Meh.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Spy Who Dumped Me (2018)

Post by Leisher »

Mila Kunis and Kate McKinnon are two dumb American girls working service jobs.

Mila's birthday comes and her boyfriend is absent leading her and Kate to torch some of his stuff. Little do they know that her boyfriend is a spy. They are soon wrapped up in an international manhunt as they possess something every government, good guy, and baddie wants.

The first half of this movie has some shockingly good action and laughs. The second half gets far more predictable and the laughs slow down.

Mila is Mila, while Kate has some funny feminism moments. No really. Her shtick is empowered females, but really over-exaggerated and mocking. It really comes across as a anti statement more than a pro. It's also a very, very minor thing, but it was noticed.

There's also a nude wang that some of you will enjoy. I guess the tit shots of the 70s and 80s have been officially replaced with dick shots.

On a side note, the problem with that is most women don't give a fuck about seeing dicks. Every guy they know will happily show them his dick if asked, and sometimes even when not asked. And most women think dicks aren't attractive. But women do love looking at naked women so they can judge them. Plus, the naked female body isn't something that is readily shown off by most women. Thus, there's the taboo aspect. So why is Hollywood exposing all these cocks?

Aside from that, it's a decent film for the first half, so watch it with your SO and around the midway point, initiate a sexual moment.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Spy Who Dumped Me

Post by GORDON »

I should really learn how to merge.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."