Saturday Night Live

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Saturday Night Live

Post by Leisher »

Put out one of their best skits in years:

Don't worry, the far left is there to tell SNL how offensive it is and that they need to "do better".

Here's other ones that upset progressives:

The claim is its sexist

Seems to me the joke is they're old, unskilled, and a parody of the types of uneducated, unskilled assistants/workers that used to fill offices.

The claim is its homophobic

Seems to me the joke is to mock dumb jocks. Funny how progressives don't defend the stupid or athletes, not focus on the single line involving the word "gay".

And the one that really fired people up

All they did was reverse the roles of men and women. Weird how it becomes offensive when you do that. Oh, and they stated a scientific fact or two, but I guess actual facts aren't funny.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Saturday Night Live

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Saturday Night Live

Post by thibodeaux »

The soccer one was the funniest. The WNBA one was funny but painfully accurate. The powerpoint one was dumb but not sure how it was offensive other than to Baby Boomer white ladies. The movie star one was on point but I couldn't laugh because...it's just so dumb.

But overall: imagine being so butthurt all the time. SMDH
Leisher
Site Admin

Saturday Night Live

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote: The movie star one was on point but I couldn't laugh because...it's just so dumb.
It's absolutely dumb because it's sadly so real.
Leisher
Site Admin

Saturday Night Live

Post by Leisher »

Bill Burr is trending because he blasts white women in his monologue to open SNL.

He's not wrong.
GORDON
Site Admin

Saturday Night Live

Post by GORDON »

He's a little acerbic... Not familiar with his comedy stlylings.

So... He's getting reverse cancelled since he was racist about the correct people?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Saturday Night Live

Post by Leisher »

It has been said multiple times by various sources that he and Chappelle are among the small list of comedians who still speak their mind and don't care what cancel culture has to say about it.

I am sort of shocked you aren't a huge Bill Burr fan. All of his standup specials are on Netflix. You need to go give them all a look. Start with the older ones and work your way forward. He says a LOT of things you're going to strongly agree with.

And yeah, he was trending heavily on Twitter because white women were so pissed. They fail to see how they were simply proving him right.
GORDON
Site Admin

Saturday Night Live

Post by GORDON »

I've just never taken the time to expose myself... To his stuff.

I'm coming to believe "all *race* are like *this*" has to be finished. Even when done as payback. No one will admit it's payback, but it's payback, and that doesn't fix anything.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Saturday Night Live

Post by Leisher »

Some of Burr's stuff is about race, as you would imagine from a guy who married a black woman and used to do black rooms to push his comedy to appeal to all crowds, but it's mostly about women.

Here's one of his more famous bits that you will enjoy:
https://youtu.be/x0gaYyNk7QA
thibodeaux

Saturday Night Live

Post by thibodeaux »

Best Bill Burr Bit...EVAR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4K07Kz7M8Q

The payoff starts around 1:30 but watch the whole thing. It's short.
Leisher
Site Admin

Saturday Night Live

Post by Leisher »

I remember that podcast! Hilarious.

However, The Philly Incident is easily the best thing a stand up comic has ever done and I look forward to the inevitable documentary:
https://youtu.be/3jMhoGUiIkk
Leisher
Site Admin

Saturday Night Live

Post by Leisher »