Velvet Buzzsaw (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Velvet Buzzsaw (2019)

Post by Leisher »

Netflix

Jake Gyllenhaal likes playing weird characters. He's not the star though. Rene Russo, John Malkovich, and some lesser knowns also star. Nobody is really "the" star.

This movie is about the art world and what a bunch of catty bitches they are, that is until a guy dies leaving behind the best art anyone has ever seen. Everyone is super excited, but the art holds a deadly secret.

This is a film with good acting, but a weird plot. There's one character whose purpose confused me, but also elicited a genuine laugh from me. What was Malkovich doing? I guess being every artist? I don't know.

There were some good effects, mainly one woman's death, which was beautiful.

It was strange and ok, but the performances were better than the story. If it seems like your sort of thing, you should probably watch it. I usually dislike supernatural movies, but this entertained me enough. Just enough.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”