Into the Dark: Treehouse (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Into the Dark: Treehouse (2019)

Post by Leisher »

Hulu

Peter Rake, played by Jimmi Simpson (the poor man's James Spader), is a celebrity chef who is divorced and puts his career before his family. He returns home for something, I honestly forget why, and his past is there to haunt him.

Here's the thing, it's impossible to be honest and review this movie without spoilers. So if you want to see it, look away after this next line. I do not recommend it.

Ok, it's not that the movie isn't doing something new or that it's badly made, but it's ridiculously one sided. Why is this a problem? Because this is 100% percent a #metoo movie. What's hilarious is that it's completely inconsistent from the opening scene to the message they're delivering. A woman, literally, sexually touches him in the opening scene and they show his daughter noticing. WTF was that about when the rest of your movie is this message: Men are awful and their behavior ends now with this new generation of women working together. The whole movie is about a group of women acting like witches to trick a guy into behaving by threatening his dick and his life. It's hilariously unsubtle. See, they're mad because a girl he raped killed herself. Is he a monster for raping a girl? Yep. Is he 100% responsible for her suicide? According to this movie, yes. That's a pretty fucked up message. Oh, and the blind old lady's part in this whole is not nearly as clever as the filmmakers think. It was pretty fucking obvious. Also, why was the shopkeeper in the film? His character served no purpose whatsoever. In fact, he probably did more to disprove the point being made.

This is just a heavy handed political message that's insanely offensive to men. I mean, what does it say about women if a single man can so completely influence their lives?

And what was the holiday here? Someone pointed out March is a month celebrating women. I guess that's how it fits this series?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”