He Never Died (2015)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

He Never Died (2015)

Post by Leisher »

Netflix

This has been on my list to watch for some time. Finally got around to it. Glad I did.

Advertised as a dark comedy, and it is, but don't expect laugh out loud moments. Ok, there's at least one, but it's funny in a different way.

Henry Rollins is awesome as Jack, a loner who is a bit off and harbors some serious secrets. One day he runs afoul of a small mob and meets someone important to him that he never realized existed. Now all of his secrets are going to be exposed and people in his life may suffer for it.

I really enjoyed this movie. If I still bought DVDs, this is one I'd be adding to my library. I cannot say enough about Rollins' performance. Everyone in the film does a great job, but the movie is Rollins.

The biggest flaw in the film is the main villain. Played by Steven Ogg, who is a great actor, the character just isn't fleshed out and the story doesn't do him any favors. He's still good, but I wasn't emotionally invested in his story line.

This won't be everyone's cup of tea. It absolutely puts the dark in dark comedy. I really think this film should be talked about more, but the gore and lack of big name stars probably keeps it from getting more attention.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”