Alpha (2018)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alpha (2018)

Post by Leisher »

Unnecessary subtitles alert. I just didn't see the point of the subtitles throughout the film. Unless they were using the actual dialect from that time, which how the fuck would they know, speak English.

Family friendly movie.

Prehistoric times. A young boy gets separated from his tribe and is presumed dead. He must now find his way back home. Along the way, he meets a friend and changes humanity.

Have you figured it out yet? The title hasn't given it away? A friend that changes humanity? It's a story about man meeting dog. It's a slow movie at times, and the subtitles are kind of pointless. However, it's a nice story. Not amazing, not great, just nice. I get why it's at a 79% on RT.

I will say it's beautifully shot. There are a couple of moments that are drop dead fucking gorgeous. One shot, in particular, is easily my favorite of 2018 movies.

Again, it's gorgeous and nice, but ultimately slow. Still, who can't root for the human-dog bond?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”