Bill + Ted's Excellent Adventure

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

On the SciFi channel, a line in Bogus Journey was edited.

"You're silky boys. Silk comes from the butts of Chinese worms."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: The more I think about it, the more the original just should have ended as it was with zero sequels.
Yes. The original story was essentially impossible to ever follow. It was a perfect ending and the next film was just a cash grab.

This was more about nostalgia, but it was pretty much trash.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: The more I think about it, the more the original just should have ended as it was with zero sequels.
Yes. The original story was essentially impossible to ever follow. It was a perfect ending and the next film was just a cash grab.
When is that NOT true? (this was also a discussion in the Scream sequel :p)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote: When is that NOT true?
Godfather II
Aliens
And I'm sure I could come up with more, but usually the sequel sucks and is just a cash grab.
thibodeaux wrote: this was also a discussion in the Scream sequel
One of the worst killer reveals in movie history.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Godfather II and Empire were both mentioned in Scream 2, noting that GF2 isn't *quite* a sequel, as it is literally is part of the same novel that GF1 was made from (btw, the Godfather novel is actually pretty entertaining, IMO).

The point being: the sequel always sucks (with exceptions so rare that everybody already knows them).