Collapse (2011)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Collapse (2011)

Post by Leisher »

Apparently also called "Collapse of the Living Dead".

A film about a small town farmer whose life is falling apart. His wife has breast cancer, they had a daughter that died, they're headed towards bankruptcy, his relationship with his young son is strained, and their farmhand, who is like family, has to move on because they can't afford him. That's when the zombie apocalypse hits.

Written and co-directed by "Insane Mike Saunders". That is his actual IMDB name. Also, co-directed might explain why the movie is very, very poorly directed.

Here's the thing, the script is fine. If you just take the outline of the story, there's something here. I'm even fine with you lying to me so you can twist me later (to a point). However, it all has to be really well done. It's not.

The special effects are pretty terrible throughout.

The biggest problem is the acting. Chris Mulkey is a decent character actor, but holy hell he cannot carry a movie. He seems to really be trying, but he needed a better director to help him. Karen Landry plays his wife and she's laughably bad. There isn't a single convincing performance in the entire movie.

None of you will ever see this movie, so I'm going to spoil it. Thus, if you don't want to be spoiled, don't read the last sentence below.

Skip it.

There's no zombie outbreak. He simply went insane as it's implied he went off some meds you don't know he was on until 10 minutes left in the movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”