Hunting Emma (2017)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Hunting Emma (2017)

Post by Leisher »

Foreign language warning.

South African film featuring a cute girl traveling to see her dad in the Karoo region, which is remote and unpopulated. Her car breaks down and she ends up seeing a cop get killed by a group of crack distributors. (I have no idea what else to call them.) They then spend the rest of the movie trying to catch and kill her.

Here's the twist: Her dad was special forces.

I watched another film recently that was similar, but set in Australia. I reviewed it here, but forget the name. That movie was more entertaining. Mainly because it really went over the top. This one stays more grounded in reality...to a point. It gets hokey when the hero is down to the final baddie. Actually, the final two.

It was meh. Everything is competent enough, but the pacing is slow and it's predictable.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”