Polar (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Cakedaddy

Polar (2019)

Post by Cakedaddy »

On Netflix.

Not too bad. Another "hitman that's got hitman(s) trying to kill him" story. But it's done in a fun way that made it enjoyable. There's also the "innocent outsider that gets wrapped up in the drama" aspect. So, very similar to other hitman movies, but still done well. SSSSUUUUUPERRRR cringe worthy stuff happens. VERY hard to watch. Had to keep reminding myself "This isn't real!".

The ending heavily implies that someone wanted a sequel. Is there one already being/been made?
Leisher
Site Admin

Polar (2019)

Post by Leisher »

I enjoyed it as well.

The lead, Mads Mikkelsen, does an exceptional job. The villains are a bit cartoony, but it works out.

Speaking of the villains, Ruby O. Fee clearly is proud of what her momma gave her.

The action is John Wick-esque. Although, there is a LOT more blood.

Sign me up for a sequel. This movie was good.

It's based on a comic, and only one volume of said comic, so the stories for more are there...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Polar (2019)

Post by GORDON »

It was good.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."