The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Sam Elliot's amazing performance drives this character piece.

What's it about? Well, it's about a guy who killed Hitler and then has to kill Bigfoot. And it completely works.

Why? Because as Sam points out in the movie, you can't kill an idea. What's that mean? The whole movie is an allegory about the American military. (Thanks to a IMDB user's mother who put these pieces together.)

I, originally, saw a movie about sacrifice, regret, and acceptance, and I wasn't wrong. But who Sam was playing eluded me until I plugged in the American military piece. Boom! It all makes perfect sense and every part of the film fits this theory.

Is this theory the truth? Seems like it. In fact, *googling* she fucking nailed it.

So ignore all the dipshits who reviewed this thinking it was some action movie or comedy. The point of the movie went over their head, and let's be honest, they're probably the type who take the military's sacrifices for granted.

Elliot knocks this out of the park. He delivers in spades. Larry Miller, one of my favorite character actors of all time, shows up to provide the voice for military families. Ron Livingston is the incredulous American taxpayer. Caitlin Fitzgerald is the sacrifice made.

Really good movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”