Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Post by GORDON »

Was that a new wizard?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Mysterio

A classic Spider-Man villain.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So he's a Dr. Strange style sorcerer?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I mean, I could tell you his powers, but it would dramatically alter how you view the trailer.

However, Spider fans around the world already know his powers, so I don't see how you could avoid this information....

Say "yes" and I'll fill in the blank: "Mysterio is the master of _________."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

i don't care. yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Master of Illusion. Completely changes the trailer doesn't it? What's real? What isn't?

There is a possibility the large water guy is Hydroman and not an illusion. In fact, a quick Google search seems to indicate he is indeed a baddie in this film.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ahhhhhhhh.

Thanks for the spoiler , dick
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

So...this takes place before Infinity Wars? Therefore the whole movie is a flashback and who cares.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:Thanks for the spoiler , dick
Also, Peter Parker is clearly a ghost.
thibodeaux wrote: So...this takes place before Infinity Wars? Therefore the whole movie is a flashback and who cares.
Takes place after Endgame.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

So then we know infinity war’s outcome was bogus.

Either way I’m right.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote: So then we know infinity war’s outcome was bogus.
How could anyone not know that? A multibillion (trillion?) corporation isn't going to kill off a bunch of marketable characters.

Plus, the original source material, which is readily available anywhere and talked about often, discusses how the heroes save the day and restore the half of the universe Thanos killed.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Hey, spoiler alert!
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

[video][/video]
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That's the problem with Sony still owning Spider-Man's rights. Marvel couldn't get them to hold off on this film.

"Hey, would you mind not making hundreds of millions of dollars right now so we can continue a mystique about our story line that everyone knows is BS anyway?"
"Go fuck yourself."

By the way, Tom Holland is, by a billion miles, the best Peter Parker.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: By the way, Tom Holland is, by a billion miles, the best Peter Parker.
Impossible. Everybody knows that Spiderman is a black mexican.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'd gamble Marvel got the reaction it wanted with that trailer.

Peeps are so confused that they're speculating Mysterio will have magic now.

Essentially, nobody knows shit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

New trailer dropped with massive spoilers for Avengers Endgame. It also completely changes what we thought we knew about the film AND possibilities for the MCU going forward.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I like that Marvel is promoting more minorities as super heroes.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I like that Marvel is promoting more minorities as super heroes.
Is that sarcasm?