Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I like that Marvel is promoting more minorities as super heroes.
Is that sarcasm?
Spider man was totally black at the end, right?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I like that Marvel is promoting more minorities as super heroes.
Is that sarcasm?
Spider man was totally black at the end, right?
Oh, his suit... Yeah, but it wasn't an alien symbiote, just a dark suit for sneaking.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Oh, his suit... Yeah, but it wasn't an alien symbiote, just a dark suit for sneaking.
Are you saying black people are sneaky? Racist.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I haven't read this as I haven't seen the movie yet, but it's here for later.

SPOILERS - What the ending means for Spider-Man going forward according to Feige.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It was pretty good. I like how they are dealing with the Unsnappening, although it brings up some disturbing scenarios about like when people Got snapped off of an airline flight, or driving 70 on an Interstate.... Unsnappening Day must have been horrific.

And now that I'm thinking about it., you know a bunch of babies starved to death in their high chairs when their parents disappeared. Now those parents are back.

Damn.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Finally saw it. Excellent film.

They really pulled off Mysterio and gave him a different backstory that worked.

Sam Jackson stole a ton of scenes and you can tell he has a blast playing Fury.

I don't know how Feige continues to manage making perfect superhero films, but he does.

That post credits scene was pretty huge. I know a similar scene played out in the books, but I don't remember how it was resolved. If I had a guess I'd bet Dr. Strange will be involved.

Now for the love of all things holy, give us Kraven's Last Hunt on film!
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

It's a shame I can't visit the alternate universe where Marvel kept making movies after Endgame.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

This movie is awesome